The Man Who Loved Pride and Prejudice: A modern love story with a Jane Austen twist - Abigail Reynolds This is a modern day retelling of Pride & Prejudice. Cassie is a marine biologist with a past and Calder is part of a rich political family with secrets. Cassie makes for a great Lizzie Bennet with a quick wit and a teasing nature aware of her own independence and not reliant on a man to make her happy. Calder isn't a bad Darcy either, he plays the aloof member of high society quite well. The storyline was a bit...jumpy, with the last third of the book seeming almost like an entirely different story. If that last section hadn't been in the novel I might've given it 4 stars. Certain characters seemed to disappear for a while there as well without even a mention, Erin (Jane Bennet) and Scott (Bingley) vanished without any conclusion to their part of the story until they were briefly mentioned but still without any conclusion.I enjoyed this book as a contemporary romance, great for a summer read. I think even if you weren't familiar with the Pride & Prejudice story this is still entertaining if contemporary romance is your thing. I haven't read any of the authors other P&P retellings but I think I might give them a read here soon.